COMMUNITY AND ACTIVISM ORGANIZATIONS
Historians Against Slavery is a group of scholars who bring historical context and scholarship to the modern-day antislavery movement in order to inform activism and develop collaborations to sustain and enhance such efforts.
United Against Human Trafficking (formerly Houston Rescue and Restore Coalition)
UAHT exists to prevent and confront modern-day slavery by educating the public, training professionals and empowering the community to take action for the purpose of identifying, rescuing and restoring trafficking victims to freedom.
Doctors for Change is organization of health care professionals who work to address the problems of our local health care system, namely helping train medical students and residents to identify children and adolescents who have been victims of human trafficking.
PROFESSIONAL HISTORIANS ORGANIZATIONS (membership dates included)
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History (2013-Present)
- American Historical Association (2001-Present)
- Organization of American Historians (2001-Present)
- Southern Historical Association (2007-Present)
- Texas Council for History Education (TXCHE) Steering Committee (1997-2000)
- National Council for History Education (1997 – 2005)
- The Society for History Education (2001-2010)